This past month-the fam did a lot of our fall faves!
Here's a list of my
'Fall Must Do's'
1. Fall Foliage Drive-We do this every year without fail (knock on wood) It's so much fun even planning this trip-creating a playlist, stopping to collect all of the different coloured leaves, and finding somewhere to stop for a snack. The newspapers have even started mapping out the best routes for fall foliage drives.
2. Apple Picking! This one is a personal favourite of mine-there's nothing like dusting an apple off on your jacket and taking a big bite! The kids love the tractor rides and running up and down the rows of apple trees, and there's always a good photo op or two, or three, or four :) This year we went to a old faithful spot-Chudleigh's!
3. Bake a pie (or three) Well really-we ALL end up buying too many apples at the apple farm, so what better way to make sure that they don't go to waste than to bake them up in a pie that tastes even better than it smells.
4. Go to a Fall Festival! This year we attended the Scarecrow invasion in Meaford Ontario. The boys had an absolute ball! There are tons all over Ontario to choose from-a warning-bring cash b/c you WILL want to buy some baked goods
5. Rake Some Leaves! This one is pretty self explanatory-and lots of fun! AND there are lots of cute craft ideas for the kiddies on pinterest to use up some of the coolest looking leaves :) Here's ours ...
Well ... where to begin! This side trip ended up seeming like something out of a movie when it was all said and done! lol
We very narrowly missed our flight TO Barcelona-which included our names being shouted over the loudspeakers, racing through the airport from end to end, getting scolded by airport personnel, and our middle guy (Julian) being asked to make himself known to the on flight staff-lol!
Once we GOT to Barcelona, the boys had tonnes of fun.
What really surprised me about this trip is that the boys love the same sort stuff that I do when I'm on vacation-strolling down streets endlessly, staying at different hotels, finding little hole-in-the-wall shops and bakeries to try local delights and, OF COURSE, the beach!
The boys DID get to see the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, and the Magic Fountain while we were there, but I still think everyone's favourite day-was the day spent at the beach. God! I LOVE salt water!
Whenever the first day of October rolls around, I start to reminisce about the summer that was. And WHAT a summer it was! Some alternate names for this post were
-The Ahluwalias take on Europe
-Europe will never been the same
-The boys break something at Buckingham Palace
-Julian makes the no fly list!
Our first 'big' trip started at the end of June. The first stop on our trip was London. We've got lots of friends and family there, so as you can imagine the boys were spoiled rotten as soon as they stepped on British soil :)
One of the first things I realized after about 20 minutes in the air ... my boys are much better flyers than their Mom. Within minutes of being on board they were fighting for the window seat, flirting with the flight attendants like mini Don Drapers, and deciding what to watch on their tv sets...
We all got to stay with Gurjeet's wonderful aunt and uncle in South Hall-which they loved. Naveen made himself at home right away...
Then it was off to high tea ...
The next day it was off to Buckingham Palace with some super fun cousins. They got to meet a proper British 'bobby', see the changing of the guard, feeding the birds at the park
And their all time favourite thing to do on the trip that they are STILL waxing poet about-the double decker bus!!
Some of us reaaaaally thought it was a smooth ride :)
About Me ...
As a wife, stay at home mother of three, and former graphic designer, I felt the need for a new creative outlet that worked with my schedule. I found that outlet in cake design and decoration. You'll find a few samples or attempts at creative projects on this blog. I hope if they aren't attempted, they at least inspire you in some small way :)